Thursday, October 16, 2008

So Lucky

Well I was thinking the other day about how amazing the hubs is to me and then I read Stefanie's blog and thought some things definitely needed to be said so i don't forget.
Bryce has ALWAYS treated me better than i could ever have asked to be treated, but last week he went above and beyond the call of duty. (his duty, that is) So a little bit of background, our house has had cockroaches since before we moved in. We've had terminex come and spray twice inside and out but our efforts seem futile. Well lately both of us have been slacking on the housework. (me) Meaning the dishes haven't been done in a week, meaning the cockroaches are feeding off of them, meaning we lived in disgust... Well I work between 5 and 6 days a week, Bryce goes to school and has practice 3 nights a week, and we are both staying busy in our callings. We are just trying to get by right now and do what the Lord wants us to, but it's hard :) So therefore, the housework gets put on the back-burner. Last Thursday I came home and this is what greeted me as I walked in... (Now before this every single room in the house was DISGUSTING) The living room was clean, the kitchen was clean and ALL the dishes were done, at least 3 or 4 loads of laundry had been done and was folded on the couch. I walked into the back of the house into our room and the pile of Murphy's "rats nest" of stuffing and ripped apart paper had been swept out from under the bed, and the spare bedroom was no longer under a sea of clothing, but had everything separated and put into piles. And there, in the middle of all of it, listening to his Gladys Knight CD was my sweet, sweet husband. Now, I don't give enough credit to Bryce like I should. He does so much more around the house than me. He's the "perfect" housewife and I've no idea what I ever did to him to make him treat me so amazing. I wish I could pay him pack for everything he's done for me thus far. I have a feeling it'll only get better from here too. Bryce isn't like most men. He continues to surprise me as I listen to different women complain about their "men" and I have nothing to say except, Bryce is so much better than that! I guess all I'm really trying to say tonight is, I love my husband more than words can express, and it just keeps on gettin better! Eternity doesn't seem so long anymore...

2 comments:

Stefanie H said...

aw thats so sweet! "other men".. u wouldn't happen to be talking about MY man would u hahaha. a clean house is ALWAYS a great surprise. One time my DAD came and did all my laundry and dishes and i just Criiiied cause i was so grateful haha.

Stefanie H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.